This is one of those recipes that is barely a recipe. I got the recipe from my daughter and I first tried it out at a baby shower brunch. I was honestly a little leery of serving it prior to testing it, but everyone loved it! I think so many people are fat and dairy conscious and this is a little “lightened” up. I served it tonight for dinner with a simple side salad and fresh fruit. It was perfect on a warm day!
This quiche is delicious, but slightly different in texture to a quiche made with cream and whole eggs. My family loves it and I suggest trying it if you want a recipe that is a little lighter. No cream has got to be better for you, right? I also took the easy route using pre-packaged everything. Some nights are just like that!
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 -2 cups Egg Whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 large handful Fresh Spinach
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1-2 TBL Pesto
- Approx. 1 cup grated Cheese (I used Swiss & Mozzarella)
- Salt, Pepper and Pepper Flakes to taste
- *Amounts will vary depending on size of pie dish
- *Other ingredient suggestions: bacon, sausage, broccoli, zucchini. Get creative!
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Line pie plate with either store bought or homemade pie crust (like my holiday pie plate?)
- Layer mushrooms, spinach and sun dried tomatoes in dish
- Top with grated cheese
- Whisk together in separate bowl: egg white, eggs, pesto, salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Pour into pie dish
- Bake at 350º for approx 30-40 minutes