We love skirt steak! If we stayed home long enough, I’m sure it would be on the table once a week, but these Empty Nesters somehow stay busy and dinner doesn’t always get on the table. Not like when the girls were little and we always ate at home. But, if we’re home, I like to cook and I enjoy sitting at the table with a nice meal.
I have been absolutely craving Caprese salad lately! I can’t get enough of it! Just look at the freshness of these ingredients. This is the best mozzarella, it is super creamy, flavorful and salty. It puts the plastic container mozzarella balls to shame. I buy this at Nob Hill in S.V.
And these ingredients for the Kale salad look pretty amazing also. I always make homemade croutons and made the breadcrumbs out of those. So delicious!
And don’t forget to make your table pretty. Tonight I was lucky enough to have some beautiful roses, freshly hand-picked from my garden.
I love freshly grated parmesan, so I used that on the salad instead of the pre-grated kind. I think it has much more flavor.
And, dinner is served! I don’t think I need to tell you how delicious this meal was!! And, we didn’t even miss not having a potato or rice or garlic bread.
I found this cool little plug-in to share my recipes. I love that you can now print the recipe. Easy Breasy!
- 4-6 cups Kale (loosely packed, sliced leaved of Italian black kale, midribs removed)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 c grated Pecorino Toscano cheese (or asiago or parmesan)
- 1/2 c freshly made bread crumbs
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add a generous pinch of more of red pepper flakes. Pour over kale in serving bowl and toss well. Add 2/3 of the cheese and toss again. Let kale sit for at least 5 minutes. Add bread crumbs, toss again. and top with remaining cheese.